product images are digital mock ups, and your pre-order will be
manufactured as your order is placed. Delivery will occur 90 days after
your order, and we will only process and refunds/cancellations after
this period. Any pre-order products you order will ship separately from
other products you may have ordered. We do not recommend ordering any
products not including in our 2020 Rhodesian Brushstroke pre-order line
up as this will likely increase your shipping cost.
special run of pre-orders is for the critical purpose of moving our
company to the United States. The entire Fireforce Ventures
team sincerely appreciate everyone's support in this regard. See you in
legendary vintage in a modern cut, this is our bread
and butter here at Fireforce Ventures.
- 60% cotton and 40% polyester rip-stop construction
- 2 large slanted hand pockets
- 2 large cargo pockets with large Canadian-style slotted buttons
- Front slit pocket designed to fit a standard smartphone or STANAG dimension rifle magazine
- Two buttoned back pockets
- Stitched gusset crotch for comfort "down there"
- Adjustable waistband
- Reinforced knees and arse to withstand hard use
- Replacable neoprene knee pads
- 2.5 inch belt loops
- YKK® zipper fly
- Coats® stitching thread
Rhodesian Brushstroke was the legendary pattern utilized during
the Rhodesian Bush War from 1965-1979, incorporating an innovative combination
of khaki, brown and green. It was designed as an indigenous Rhodesian pattern
which was directly influenced by earlier “brushstroke” styled patterns
including the Second World War-era Denison smocks. Developed from an earlier
arid pattern by Di Cameron, it was manufactured in its distinctive green-over-brown
Brushstroke by David Whitehead Textiles. Uniforms and jumpsuits in this pattern
become synonymous with Rhodesia’s legendary Troopies and Masodja.
In 2001, the United States Marine Corps camouflage testing
scored the old Rhodesian Brushstroke pattern to be extremely effective in
various environments. As a testament to the lasting effectiveness of Rhodesian
Brushstroke, the vintage pattern scored higher than many other contemporary
patterns. After the Rhodesian Bush War, a brown-over-green pattern was adopted
by the Zimbabwean National Army.
We’re proud to be replicating the pattern as a 1-to-1
scale copy of an original bolt of David Whitehead Textiles fabric dated circa.
1979. We are the only company accurately providing the pattern exactly as it
was worn during the Rhodesian Bush War.
Sizing Guide (inseam to be hemmed, if additional length needed please contact us via email):
- Small: 27-31 inch waist, 32 inch inseam
- Medium: 31-35 inch waist, 32 inch inseam
- Large: 35-39 inch waist, 32 inch inseam
- XL: 39-43 inch waist, 32 inch inseam
- 2XL: 43-47 inch waist, 32 inch inseam
- 3XL: 47-51 inch waist, 32 inch inseam
All prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD). We ship internationally!