A legendary vintage in a modern cut, this is our bread and butter here at Fireforce Ventures. With months of consultation with our Buyer's Club, we developed a second variant of our unique Recce (Reconnaissance) Anorak. The excellent piece of kit is our own take on vintage special forces pullover smocks dating back to the Second World War, with some great modern twists!
- 50-50 polycotton rip-stop water resistant construction in the Luftwaffe/Paratrooper variant of German Splintertarnmuster
- "Slangvel" style shoulders, elbows for longevity in adverse conditions, double reinforced with solid 50-50 polycotton ripstop
- Unique "Recce" shoulder pockets
- Large 6.75" x 12" overall size
- Sewn at a forward cant for ease of access
- Double button flap secured for retention
- Quick access down-to-up quarter zipper allowing pocket access without the excessive noise made by velcro hook/loop retention
- Ventilated armpits for airflow
- Fleece lined kangaroo pockets
- Bungie secured cinching straps at hem and hood
- Combat shirt style velcro cuff
The German Splintertarnmuster pattern is often simplified to "Splintertarn" or "Splinter" by English speakers when describing it. It represents one of the earliest efforts and a standardized military issue camouflage pattern, having first developed by the German Reichswehr government in the late 1920s. First issued as tent halves and helmet covers in the 1930s, it was utilized alongside the standard German "feldgrau" grey. Variants of the pattern would see additional usage as oversmocks and anoraks as the Second World War progressed. The variation of this particular Anorak is based off the Luftwaffe/Paratrooper pattern. The jagged jigsaw arrangement of grey-greens and tans works surprisingly well to break up the wearer's silhouette, particularly when in motion as it can trick the naked human eye. The overall shapes and mindset of the old school Splintertarn continue to influence various modern "jigsaw" patterns.
As one of the final camouflage and design projects of our late co-founder Kyle Porter,
this very special product is only available in an extremely limited numbers and is not likely to be restocked.
All prices are in United States Dollars (USD). We ship internationally.