Country of Origin:
Our faithful reproduction of the British Army Pattern 1950 issue "Gurkha" shorts, which saw extensive usage during the Malayan Emergency by Commonwealth forces including the members of the British and Rhodesian Special Air Service during the conflict. Named for the Gurhka (alternatively spelled "Gorkha") soldiers of Nepal who served under the British Crown, these shorts are somewhat reminiscent of their uniquely flared shorts and pants which saw widespread use in the early 19th century. By the time of the First World War, the first modern Gurkha shorts saw issue during tropical and desert environment, where the flared leg openings provided much needed airflow. By the Second World War, multiple variants of the Gurkha shorts saw widespread use among British and Commonwealth troops. From operation theatres as diverse as Italy, Libya, Burma, and beyond, khaki drill and jungle green Gurkha shorts were highly favored for their utility and comfort.
The simplicity of the garment drew the attention of the fashion world in the post-war years. It's uncomplicated belt-less and dual strap design made them a greatly desired piece of summer wear for civilians and servicemen alike. On top of being a definite fashion statement, they also continued to see field use with the Pattern 1950 British clothing set. Gurkha pant and short variants in the Pattern 1950 jungle green were well received by troops who utilized them in the rough terrain of Malaya. Constructed Gurkha short variants continue to see use with various military and police formations around the world, largely with the Pattern 1950 short being the benchmark as a reference for their modern construction.
Not only are Gurkha shorts extremely D R I P, but they are the go-to shorts for your next safari, or counter-insurgency jungle war!
- 1-to-1 replication based on an original pair of Pattern 1950 Jungle Green "Gurkha" shorts
- 100% cotton twill construction in jungle green
- Dual adjustment straps for ease of wear, giving wearer up to 15" of waist adjustment - no belt needed
- Lightweight construction, weighing in at approximately 350g
- Flared out "Gurkha" style leg openings for extra air flow
- Buttoned fly
- 2x large angled hand pockets
- 2x button flap secured arse pockets
Sizing Guide (Note: The Shorts are high waist and has an additional 3-4" of adjustability from the listed waist size due to the nature of the securing straps and buckles):
- Small: 27-31" waist, 11" inseam, 22" length
- Medium: 31-35" waist, 12" inseam, 23" length
- Large: 35-39" waist, 13" inseam, 24" length
- XL: 39-43" waist, 14" inseam, 25" length
- 2XL: 43-47" waist, 15" inseam, 26" length
- 3XL: 47-51" waist, 16" inseam, 27" length
All prices are in United States Dollars (USD). We ship internationally!