A legendary vintage in a modern cut, this is our bread and butter here at Fireforce Ventures. These modern cut tactical operator hats feature a 65/35 cotton-poly ripstop blend. This hat is an absolute must-have for your next adventure in the boonies!
- 65% cotton and 35% polyester rip-stop construction
- Extremely lightweight construction, weighing in at only 2.6 oz or 79 grams
- Front and rear velcro hook panels measuring 4 x 2" - accommodates all mil-spec patches and oversized aftermarket patches
- Top velcro IR hook panel measuring 1.5 x 1"
- Rear adjustment velcro strap w/ external hook velcro hook paneling
- Reinforced internal seams and construction for longevity
Belgian Brushstroke is the "Merc Life" pattern, seen from the jungles of Congo to the silver screens of Hollywood. First adopted in 1952, the "Moon and Balls" or "Congo" pattern Brushstroke was first issued by the Belgian Army, taking significant inspiration from the colour schemes of the British Army Denison Smocks during the Second World War. The pattern was widely utilized by Belgian airborne, commando, and marine units well into the 1970s. Perhaps more notoriously, it was utilized by various Mercenary and Gendarme units of the Congolese Army during the Congo Crisis of the 1960s. It features an incredible combination of "half moon" brushstrokes of overlapping green and brown shapes on khaki, which likely significantly developed the early development of the later Rhodesian Brushstroke pattern.
We’re proud to be replicating the pattern as a 1-to-1 scale copy of an original mint condition bolt of fabric manufactred by ABL Raka in the 1950s. We are the only company accurately providing the pattern exactly as it was worn during the Katanga Rebellion and Congo Crisis.
Fully adjustable, one size fit all!
All prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD). We ship internationally!