Country of Origin:
The DEFINITIVE "Merc Life" trousers, as seen from the jungles of the Congo to the silver screens of Hollywood.
First adopted as part of the Pattern 1964 equipment sets of the Belgian Army, it is nearly identical in cut to the contemporary Rhodesian and British issue "jungle trousers of the era. The trouser itself takes significant inspiration from the "Gurkha" styled trousers issued during the Second World War. These pants saw extensive usage by Belgian units, African troops of the Congolese Army, and European mercenaries in ANC employ. They continue in Belgian service throughout the Shaba I and Shaba II continuation conflicts in Zaire, and remained in Belgian usage into the 1980s before being superseded entirely by the third pattern of Belgium Jigsaw in 1999.
- Midweight cotton construction in "jungle green"
- Double large cargo pockets at each leg
- Distinctive field dressing pockets, designed to fit smaller Second World War/Korean War era field dressings
- Three large stable belt loops, for ease of webbing attachments
- Two buttoned arse pockets
- Flap covered buttons throughout construction
- Vertical velcro closure at base of each leg for ease of wear/boot blousing
All prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD). We ship internationally!
Note: This product is in "Military Surplus Condition". Please refer to our Shipping and Returns Policy for details!